Fight Parkinson’s launches new online course for the Aged Care sector
Feb. 15, 2023
A new on demand, online Advanced and Palliative Care for Parkinson’s course now available for professionals in the Aged Care sector was recently launched
The launch of the new Advanced and Palliative Care for Parkinson’s online learning course has been tailored to support health care professionals in the Aged Care sector.
The Advanced and Palliative Care for Parkinson’s course provides practical, evidence-based knowledge about advanced Parkinson’s and Atypical Parkinson's symptoms, symptoms management, advanced care planning and palliative care.
Duration: Up to 60 minutes
Award: Certificate of Completion and Record of Learning
- Introduction to Advanced and Atypical Parkinson’s
- Advanced Care Planning and Palliative Care
Parkinson's is a complex condition and unique for each person. At the end of life, our clients need to be treated with care and respect. Parkinson's symptoms must be managed effectively to reduce distress, maintain dignity and respect individuals’ wishes.
This course works to ensure effective palliative care for people with Parkinson's remains patient-centred, and family-focused.
By understanding how advanced and Atypical Parkinson’s can affect people, you’ll be better able to:
- support care planning that informs and empowers the individual, families and health care staff
- enable people living with Parkinson’s to live fully and comfortably as possible when they approach the end of their lives
- deliver, facilitate and coordinate care to meet the complex care needs of individuals living with Parkinson's.
Register your staff today →
Other courses available on the Aged Care Learning Hub are: