Professional Development Seminars
Fight Parkinson’s offers a range of education sessions to meet the learning needs and goals of health and allied health professionals throughout the state.
The professional education sessions are an ideal forum for individuals with various levels of understanding and experience in the area of Parkinson’s to enhance their current knowledge base.
All sessions include:
- A general introduction to Parkinson’s including cause, incidence, diagnosis and prognosis
- Information on the motor, non-motor and autonomic signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Information on current treatment options including surgery, medication management, and relevant side effects and precautions
- Practical strategies used by physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists to address common Parkinson’s concerns such as freezing, mobility and communication
- Information about the support services provided by Fight Parkinson’s and those in the community
Fight Parkinson’s can also work to accommodate your team’s specific learning needs, if there are any specific issues that you would like addressed.
For instance we could take a more comprehensive look at:
- Nursing care
- Continence, constipation and sexual difficulties
- Psychosocial aspects of chronic illness
- Safe hospitalisation
- Palliative care for the Parkinson’s patient
- Surgical and critical care management
- Management of atypical Parkinson’s conditions such as PSP, MSA and CBS
- For further information regarding Professional Development sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org