Ask the Expert: Cognition and Parkinson’s
Online Session via Teams (map)
Wed 20th Sep 2023, 5:30pm to 6:30pm (1 hour)
This Ask the Expert session will explore what cognitive change is, explain how living with Parkinson’s can affect our cognition and provide insights on how people living with Parkinson’s and their families can help manage cognitive changes.
Cognition refers to our ability to think critically, reason and to have insight into ourselves and the external world. We use our cognitive skills to problem solve and manage complex tasks. This Ask the Expert sessoin will answer our questions on Cognition and Parkinson's.
- Can you explain what cognitive change is and is it different to dementia
- What cognitive symptoms may be seen in Parkinson’s?
- Is there anything we can do to manage thinking changes?
- For family members, changes in the way someone thinks can be frustrating- Can you provide any insight onto how we can manage them?
Join Clinical Neuropsychologist, Luke Smith to explore what cognitive change is, explain how living with Parkinson’s can affect our cognition and provide insights to help manage cognitive changes.
About the Expert:
Dr Luke Smith has made a continued invaluable contribution at many Parkinson’s events, sharing his specific knowledge. His sensitive insights have supported many families and healthcare professionals to better understand the cognitive impact of the condition.
This event will be held on the Microsoft Teams platform. How you register and join the event might look a little different to what you're used to – but it should be quicker and easier!
- You can register by selecting the Register button
- We'll send you a Join Link – there's no need to download anything
- When you join the event, your camera and microphone will be turned off but you will be able to turn them on
- You can contact us on (03) 8809 0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org